What’s the big deal about soy wax? What is it, and why is it “better” for you? Well, I did a little research, because I was curious myself. Here’s the scoop…
- Soy wax is better because it’s a natural renewable source – soy wax is derived from soy beans, all the soy wax we use comes from soy beans grown in the mid-west of the United States. This is in comparison to paraffin wax, which is actually a by product of petroleum, coal or shale oil. This doesn’t mean paraffin wax is bad for you, but it is a benefit to have a naturally derived product that is renewable and supports US farms!
- Soy wax is clean burning – when you burn a soy candle, you are left with very little waxy residue, the jar you are left with is a jar that just needs to be washed. As far as soot goes, soy candles may produce less soot, but no candle is completely soot free. You can reduce the amount your candles soot by trimming your wick before each burning.
- Soy wax is longer lasting – soy wax candles last longer! They burn a bit slower so the fragrance and beauty of a soy wax candle can be enjoyed longer. Typically an 8oz candle burns between 50-60 hours and a 16oz candle around 100 hours. Even a candle that looks small will last you a long time!
- Soy wax produces a balanced scent – using the right combination of soy wax to fragrance oil ratio, soy wax candles can be beautifully fragranced. The fragrance is balanced, not too strong and not too light both while the candle is burning as well as when it’s not. This allows you to enjoy that candle longer.
- Soy wax doesn’t burn as hot – the melting point of soy wax is lower meaning your wax isn’t burning as hot. This makes soy wax less dangerous to have burning!
You can enjoy all the benefits of soy wax in any one of our hand poured candles. Check out our candles here!